Privacy Notice - French
1. SCOPE OF PRIVACY NOTICE
This notice applies to you as a natural person whose personal information is processed by Lazard Frères SAS (hereafter LAZARD) and its subsidiaries in France, as data controllers.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (697/2016/EU) (GDPR), LAZARD complies with applicable data protection laws and in particulier with the GDPR.
Any reference to “we” and “us” shall refer to LAZARD. Any reference to “you” and “your” refers to clients, prospective clients, potential affiliates, agents, beneficial owners, and other legal or professional representatives.
The terms “personal data”, “processing” and “controller” shall have the meaning given to it in the GDPR.
2. CATEGORY OF PERSONAL DATA
LAZARD may collect and process the following personal data, depending on the product or service that is being provided:
- Personal identification details such as your name, civil status, identity documents, nationality, place and date of birth, signature
- Professional information such as email address, phone number, postal address and job title
- Power of attorney or mandate related information when you act as board member or legal representative of a corporate client or an investment vehicle
- As part of our onboarding requirements, special categories of personal data (information collected during background checks, such as politically exposed person status, beneficial owner extract, certificate of incorporation, news articles, etc.)
3. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
LAZARD attaches great importance to protecting and respecting your privacy and uses your personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide appropriate and suitable services in accordance with our contractual arrangements (emails, client management database, conflict clearances, etc.)
- To serve our legitimate business interests (improving services, responding to enquiries, producing anonymous statistics, sending personalized content, assessing your ability to meet your financial commitments, use of a whistleblowing platform, etc.)
- To meet our legal and regulatory obligations (screening of prospects and clients against international sanctions list and adverse media, insider lists, regulatory information requests, etc.)
4. DATA RETENTION POLICY
The duration LAZARD holds your personal data depends on various criteria, whether data is processed and stored for contractual reasons or legal and regulatory requirements.
Data is stored and processed for the duration as long as is either (i) required to achieve intended purposes as set out in contractual agreements and/or (ii) set out by statutory limitations for legal remedies.
Personal data is stored depending on nature of documents and purpose of processing:
- Accounting data up to a maximum of 10 years after end of contractual relationship
- Other supporting documents (such as KYC documentation) related to contractual relationship, 10 years as of end of relationship
- Video surveillance 1 month as of time of recording
- Data processed as part of LAZARD’s whistleblowing framework, 2 months as of end of report analysis by relevant team, or at end of statutory limitations if report leads to administrative or judicial proceedings
5. TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
Please note that we may occasionally share your information with other LAZARD Group companies or branches around the world as well as with third parties who provide us with services or provide services on our behalf. It is therefore possible that your information will be transferred from a location in the EEA to a place outside the EEA or from a place outside the EEA to a place located in the EEA. The level of data protection in non- EEA countries may be lower than that guaranteed within the EEA. However, we have procedures and safeguards (including, when required, standard contractual clauses for the transfers of personal data from the EEA or the UK to a recipient outside of the EEA or the UK) in place to ensure the protection of your information and we have taken steps to ensure that all such entities keep your personal information confidential and secure and only use it for the purposes that we have specified and have informed you of.
LAZARD may disclose your identifying information to another entity (i) for the purposes of outsourcing one or more of the functions described above; (ii) to confirm or update any information you have provided to us; (iii) to inform you of events, provide you with information about our services, and provide you with other important information; or (iv) for other purposes indicated no later than during the collection of the information. We may also transfer your information if the law requires us to do so.
6. DATA SUBJECTS’ RIGHTS
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you as part of a request for access. You may send us a written request to do so using the contact details given below. We may ask you for additional information to verify your identity before sending you any personal information.
You also have the right to correct any information about you that is inaccurate. We wish to make sure that your information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or delete any information that you believe is out of date. Please contact us using the contact information below if you would like corrections to be made to your information.
You have rights regarding your personal data held by LAZARD, including the following:
- Obtaining information about the processing of your personal data and the right to access them
- Requesting LAZARD to rectify your personal data if inaccurate or incomplete
- Requesting LAZARD to delete your personal data or limit their processing for legitimate reasons
- Receiving the data concerning you or asking LAZARD to transfer them to another organization if this direct transfer is technically possible
- Objecting to receiving information from us and to the usage of your data for commercial prospecting purposes, including profiling when related to this purpose
- Providing directives as to the handling, deleting or communication of your personal data, after your death.
7. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or would like to exercise your rights as set out in this Privacy Statement, you may contact us at protectiondesdonnees@LAZARD.com.
8. AMENDMENT OF THIS STATEMENT
We may occasionally amend this Statement. Amendments to this Statement take effect on the effective date indicated above, which is the date on which this Statement was last significantly revised or amended.