Lazard Frères & Co. LLC (“LF & Co." or the “Firm”) collects nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others; and
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about our customers or former customers to our affiliated firms. If you prefer to opt out of this information sharing, please contact your LF & Co. representative.
The Firm restricts access to nonpublic personal information about you to employees of LF & Co. and execution service bureaus. The Firm maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
LF & Co. is committed to complying with U.S. statutory and regulatory requirements designed to combat money laundering and terrorist financing. The USA Patriot Act requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person or entity that opens an account or establishes a relationship with the Firm. Specifically, LF & Co. is required to collect the following information: legal name, date of birth, address and identification number (TIN or SSN). A legal entity may need to provide other information such as its principal place of business, local office, employer identification number, certified articles of incorporation, government-issued business license, and a partnership agreement or a trust agreement. We may also ask for a copy of your driver’s license or seek additional documentation.
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”) requires each of its members to disclose to customers how its business continuity plan addresses the possibility of a future significant business disruption and how the member plans to respond to events of varying scope. LF & Co. has posted its business continuity information on the Legal Notice page of this web site. Copies will be mailed to customers upon request.
Investor Education and Protection Disclosure
FINRA Rule 2267
The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority runs a public disclosure program known as BrokerCheck that provides information about brokerage firms and their registered persons. To obtain an investor brochure that includes information about BrokerCheck or to obtain additional information, contact the FINRA public disclosure hotline at (800) 289-9999 or visit the BrokerCheck website at HTTP://BROKERCHECK.FINRA.ORG/. FINRA’s general website is located at WWW.FINRA.ORG/
Notice to Canadian Customers
Pursuant to National Instrument 31-103 (Registration Requirements and Exemptions), LF & Co. is informing you of the following:
- LF & Co. is not registered in Canada and is trading with you, its client, in reliance upon an exemption from the dealer registration requirement under National Instrument 31-103. As such, LF & Co is subject to trading restrictions and may only trade in, primarily, non-Canadian securities (i.e., issued by an issuer incorporated, formed or created under the laws of a non-Canadian jurisdiction or issued by a non-Canadian government) with “permitted clients” resident in Canada.
- LF & Co.’s jurisdiction of residence is New York, NY.
- The name and address of the agent for service of process of the Firm in the Province of Ontario is:
McCarthy Tétrault LLP
Toronto Dominion Bank Tower
66 Wellington Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5K 1E6
Attention: Sean Sadler
- There may be difficulty enforcing legal rights against LF & Co. because it is resident outside of Canada and all or substantially all of its assets may be situated outside of Canada.
Disclosure of Financial Condition
FINRA Rule 2261
Copies of LF & Co.'s audited financials will be provided to any customer upon written request.
You may obtain information about the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC), including a copy of the SIPC brochure, by calling them at (202) 371-8300 or visiting their web site at WWW.SIPC.ORG.